Shams Tabrez Law College (STLC) is, in every sense of the word, an incredible place. Students love the faculty, the classes, and the opportunities, simply because they are amongst the best in the country. STLC is a place where experiences that can’t be found anywhere else in the world take birth. It is a great privilege for students to continually study under the most knowledgeable people in their fields, including judges of the superior courts and senior advocates. Even though life at STLC can be more rigorous and demanding than other law colleges in Pakistan, most students wouldn’t trade their years here for anywhere else.
STLC prepares its students to meet the world with energy and knowledge. A Tabriz law education teaches students to think, to analyze, to question, and to consider.
What ultimately set STLC apart are the people that comprise its community. Every student has a unique story to tell. STLC is amazing because it gathers diverse and remarkable individuals together for the same ultimate purpose: to learn, to grow, to thrive, and to discover themselves.
A law school dedicated to advancing human dignity, social welfare and justice through knowledge of law
The mission of Shams Tabrez Law College is to achieve excellence in educating professionals, advancing legal scholarship, serving the public and fostering justice. We aspire to prepare lawyers to serve their clients, the justice system and the public with a high level of accomplishment and a commitment to the highest ideals of the legal profession. We strive to provide students with a well-rounded legal education. Our curriculum is designed to teach students about the law and to help them develop the skills necessary to use that knowledge in practice. Our goal is for our graduates to possess the core competencies essential to embark on the practice of law. These core competencies include:
- Legal Analysis (including knowledge of laws and rules, the ability to apply laws and rules to different factual settings and the ability to engage in legal argumentation);
- Legal Research and Writing (including the ability to conduct independent legal research and produce legal writings of professional quality);
- Fundamentals of Client Services (including interviewing and counseling skills);
- Fundamentals of Dispute Processing and Legal Problem Solving (including litigation, settlement and transactions); and
- Fundamentals of Professional Responsibility and Identity (including knowledge of the shared values of the legal profession and ethical problem solving, the skills to create a professional identity and the skills to work with people from diverse backgrounds).
The primary program goal is to educate students to become career legal assistants who can perform effectively in a variety of legal settings and can adapt to changes in the legal environment and law practice.
The overall program goal is to prepare students for careers as legal assistants working under the supervision of lawyers in the public and private sector.
The program is designed to provide students with the knowledge, skills, values, and attitudes they need to become competent and ethical professional legal assistants working in the delivery of legal services.
Upon completion of the program, graduates should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the law, the legal and paralegal professions, and the legal process, including the use of technology, appropriate to their expected role in the legal community.
- Demonstrate the acquisition of practical, technical skills as well as basic knowledge of legal theory.
- Demonstrate competence in legal research and writing, problem analysis, and critical thinking.
- Display an awareness of ethical, moral, and social issues that contain legal implications.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the standards of conduct expected of the legal profession in general and the legal assistant in particular.