- Department Name: Department of Psychiatry/ Behavioral Sciences
- Name of the HOD: Dr. Ghazala Musa
- Providing Mental Health facilities and providing clinical services to the OPD patients, Indoor Patients and Addiction Rehabilitation.
- Doing the training, teaching and clinical work with 3rd & Final Year MBBS and 2nd Year BDS students.
- Research Areas/ Interests:
- Bipolar Affective Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Departmental Research Activities:
- Research in different Mental Disorders
Dr Ghazala Musa :
Dr. Ghazala Musa is an author, scholar and psychiatrist. Her work is acknowledged nationally and internationally. Her special interest is in depression, anxiety disorders, interpersonal relationships, spiritual therapy and child health. She has authored books on exam success and educational guidelines and family interactions.
Dr Nasir Nazir
Research Topic: Frequency of symptoms of mania in bipolar I disorder pts.
Area of interest: bipolar affective disorder.
Attended many national and international psychiatric seminars on depression, bipolar affective disorder and other mental disorders
Arranged multiple free mental disorders camps for patients in many towns and cities of Pakistan.
- EFFICACY OF NALTREXONE IN PREVENTING RELAPSE IN OPIOID DEPENDENT PATIENTS (published in Pakistan Journal of Medical Sciences, sept 2012)
- EFFICACY AND TOLERABILITYOF LEVITERACETUM ANDTOPIRAMATE IN PATIENTS WITH EPILEPSY (published in Annual of King Edward Medical College Journal, Feb 2013)
- Psychosocial factor of patient of Epilepsy in Pakistan ( published in Fatima Jinnah Medical College Journal 2013)
- Depression among mother of the children with epilepsy
A Statistical and Epidemiological Analysis of Dementia from Population-Based Survey in Pakistan (Journal: BMC Neuroscience MS ID: 2750816641252577 Acknowledgment received )
7: Achievements of Individual Faculty Members. Dr.Ghazala Musa academic and educational meritorious achievements.
- Department Email: email@example.com