Department of opthalmology is serving the eye diseases with excellence along with the facilities of operating,refracting and consultancy in addition to the teaching facilities of the medical students.
Department has trained teaching staff and providing the excellent services in opthalmic diagnosis,treatment and surgical excellence.
OPD is equipped with necessary and valid equipment where patient is examined and accessed for disease status.The visual ailment treated with proper refractory measurement,prescribed with appropriate glasses and the visual assessment.This is facilitated with
- Trial set with complete range of lens.
- Trial frame
- Slit lamp biomicroscope
- Snellen’s chart
- Photoslit lamp with LED
- Indirect opthalmoscope
- 90D lens
- 3-Mirror contact lens (Goldman)
- Applanation tonometer
- Biometer for IOL power assessment
- B-scan ultrasonography
- Hess screen test
- Bjerrum’s screen
Isolated operation theatre exists within the surgical complex,with room air conditioning.Appropriate adjustable table with chair.
- Operating microscope with XY facility and zoom.
- Phacoemulsification machine (Millennium)
- Complete surgical tray with necessary equipment
- Anaesthesia machine for general anaesthesia
- Pulse oximeter
- Sucker machine
- Cautery machine
CLINICAL TEACHING CLASSROOM:
Department has clinical teaching room with audio visual facilities with air conditioning and sitting arrangement.
- PROFESSOR OF OPTAHLMOLOGY
Dr Mumtaz Hussain
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
Dr Mariam Zakia Chaudhari
- HOUSE OFFICER
Dr Noor Fatima
- CLINICAL ASSISTANT