FARYAL DENTAL COLLEGE
NAME OF THE HOD: DR SANA AKRAM
Main focus of department is on the provision of healthcare for periodontal problems. The department deals with the diagnosis and management of gingival and periodontal diseases. Department also emphasizes on prevention of periodontal diseases. The aims are to provide quality education ,learning opportunities and quality services.
The mission of Periodontology department is to give the students latest knowledge, skills, technologies and innovations to energize their potentials and to educate them to diagnose and treat disease and monitor patient response to treatment.
Periodontology basically deals with the diseases of supporting and investing structures of teeth including the gums, cementum, periodontal ligaments and alveolar bone. It is a branch of dentistry that is concerned with prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases that affect the gums and supporting structures of teeth. Subject includes etiology of periodontal diseases, microbiology of periodontal diseases, role of dental calculus and other predisposing factors, relationship between periodontal disease and systemic health, gingival inflammation, clinical features of gingivitis, acute gingival infections, chronic periodontitis, necrotizing ulcerative periodontitis, aggressive periodontitis, treatment of periodontal emergencies and periodontal restorative Interrelationship.
So, by diagnosing various diseases of periodontium, our department takes care of patients so that they can be properly managed and treated. It deals with non-surgical as well as surgical therapy. Nonsurgical therapy will include plaque control, mechanical as well as chemical plaque control, scaling and root planning. So, department focuses on oral health and relationship of periodontal diseases with systemic health. Our curriculum is in line with our mission statement.
Periodontology is taught in 3rd year BDS, with the learning objectives that what is taught should be memorized and implemented by the students. Our teaching is student centered with interactive lectures and demonstrations followed by practical and clinical activities. Study skills, leadership skills, and management skills are part of curricular document
Periodontology Department is providing services by highly qualified and competent staff. Department of Periodontology FDC comprises of following
- Periodontology department
- Demonstration room
FACULTY OF THE DEPARTMENT:
|1||Dr Sana Akram|| HOD of Periodontology
TRETMENTS AVAILABLE IN PERIODONTOLOGY DEPARTMENT
DR SANA AKRAM
- Assessment of reason for initial endodontic therapy failure based on radiographic findings. Pakistan Postgraduate Medical Journal. Vol 27 No 2 Apr.- Jun. 2016
- In class I Amalgam restorations postoperative sensitivity administration assessing effectiveness among bonded amalgam- The use of conventional amalgam restoration and cavity varnish: A clinical study. Pakistan Postgraduate Medical Journal Vol 27 No 3 Jul. – Sep. 2016
- Pulpotomy of immature permanent teeth using two different sealing materials: A comparative study. International Journal of Medical Research and Health Sciences.2019 ,8(3): 110-115
- The impact of teaching strategies on BDS students learning and academic improvement at Faryal Dental College.Medical Forum Monthly Vol 30 No 5 May ,2019
Research Areas/ Interests:
To give research proposals ,carry out multiple research activities and treatments related to the subject.